Policies & Legislation
European offshore wind energy sector to plan investments based on a mapped use of sea space.
[Policies & Legislation] Martha’s Vineyard Fishermen & Cape Wind Announce Settlement Agreement; Lawsuit DroppedEDGARTOWN, MA – The Martha’s Vineyard / Dukes County Fishermen’s Association (MVDCFA) and Jonathan Mayhew (together hereafter referred to as ‘Martha’s Vineyard Fishermen’) ...
[Policies & Legislation] Scottish Government approve new Shetland wind farmDespite heavy protests that the wind farm is 'too big', plans to erect a 103 turbine wind farm on moorland in Shetland have been approved....
[Policies & Legislation] UK government support for wind energy under the spotlightThis is worth remembering next time you read media reports which exaggerate the costs of wind power subsidies. ...
[Policies & Legislation] UK could become leading exporter of wave and tidal power, say MPsNew report from Energy and Climate Change Committee calls on government to establish long term goals for marine energy....
[Policies & Legislation] UK’s world-leading small wind industry endangered following suggested feed-in tariff cutsTariffs slashed by over 40%, while farm and small business-scale turbines have seen cuts of over a quarter....
total: 6 | displaying: 1 - 6
Wind Energy Events
Did You Know?
Poll: Increased Electricty Production
If we are to increase the domestic production of electricity, by which means do you think we should do this? Should it be done by building more windpower, hydropower, coal fired plants, nuclear plants or plants fired with biomass?
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- SMA Releases Online Version of Sunny Design for PV System Configuration
- SMA Prepares for another Year of Regional Forums, Releases 2013 Dates
- BC Bioenergy Network Invests $1.5 M in Fraser richmond Soil and fibre “Energy Garden”
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice
- Inovateus Solar and the Berrien County Youth Fair Association Announce Partnership Agreement for New Net-Zero Solar Powered Expo Arena
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- Rising wind farm rentals continue to generate income for landowners
- UK Government Launch The UK Green Investment Bank plc (UK GIB)
- Announcing the Solar Power Mexico conference
Did You Know?
Wind Energy Projects
Latest Renewables Jobs
Wind Energy RSS Feeds
- Brodies survey identifies opportunities for future growth of Scotland's offshore wind sector
- Saudi Arabia Looks to NREL for Solar Monitoring and Wind Power Expertise
- Belarus to build wind energy plant under EU Green Economy project
- Atmos submits planning application for wind farm in South Lanarkshire
- NextEra Energy Resources Selects GE’s New 1.7-100 Brilliant Wind Turbine for Michigan Wind Farm