GE will supply 59 of its new turbines, which will have a hub height of 80 meters, to NextEra Energy Resources, LLC’s wind farm, planned for the thumb region of Michigan.
[Product Annnouncements] TÜV Rheinland Certifies HybridDrive from WinergyWind turbine drive train consisting of gearbox and the generator / Certification according to the GL2010 Guideline / Facilitation of the type certification process ...
Moventas complete one and entered another full wind turbine drivetrain service project in extreme conditions. ...
[Product Annnouncements] Wind Energy Direct’s first UK turbine is operationalWind Energy Direct’s first UK wind turbine project is now operating in Northumberland....
[Company News] GE Prototype of World’s Most Efficient High-Output Wind Turbine Operational at European Test SiteThe 2.5-120 is the company’s first brilliant wind turbine, driving higher power output, improving service productivity and creating new revenue streams for customers....
[Product Annnouncements] PPG launches mobile version of Wind Power System SelectorOptimised interface enables fabricators and manufacturers to source information on PPG’s range of wind turbine coatings whatever their location....
Siemens Energy has been granted certification by the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) for its training facilities in Denmark, Germany, the UK, and the U.S. ...
UK farms and rural businesses with renewables in mind have been given a quarter million pound window of opportunity over the next two years. Businesses will see an increase in the annual investment allowance (AIA) giving 100% tax relief on investments from £25,000 to £250,000 for the next two years....
[Product Annnouncements] Invest in the future of your wind turbine health by getting InSightfulGet the InSight on your fleet and maximise reliability whilst minimising O&M costs by utilising Romax Technology’s range of cutting edge software tools and support services....
ScottishPower Renewables (SPR) has received consent from The Scottish Government to construct the 96 turbine Kilgallioch Windfarm, south of Barrhill in south-west Scotland. ...
[Company News] LM Wind Power Calls on the Indian Government to continue the GBI and Ad Securing Winding Industry Jobs, Economic Growth and Environmental BenefitsLM Wind Power is confident of market growth if favorable policies like the GBI and AD are reinstated....
[Company News] Iberdrola annouces the Sale of its Wind Assets in Poland to Energa and PGE for Approimately €203 millionIBERDROLA has sold non-core assets valued at approximately €1,100 million since the beginning of 2012....
Poll: Wind Energy Mix
Gas, oil and coal are limited resources, whilst the use of wind power constitutes an alternative. Do you believe that the share of wind power in the energy mix is already sufficient?
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- SMA Releases Online Version of Sunny Design for PV System Configuration
- SMA Prepares for another Year of Regional Forums, Releases 2013 Dates
- BC Bioenergy Network Invests $1.5 M in Fraser richmond Soil and fibre “Energy Garden”
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice
- Inovateus Solar and the Berrien County Youth Fair Association Announce Partnership Agreement for New Net-Zero Solar Powered Expo Arena
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- Rising wind farm rentals continue to generate income for landowners
- UK Government Launch The UK Green Investment Bank plc (UK GIB)
- Announcing the Solar Power Mexico conference
Latest Renewables Jobs
Wind Energy RSS Feeds
Poll: Increased Electricty Production
If we are to increase the domestic production of electricity, by which means do you think we should do this? Should it be done by building more windpower, hydropower, coal fired plants, nuclear plants or plants fired with biomass?