Finance & Investment
SgurrEnergy provides technical support to GE Energy Financial Services for the client’s first wind energy equity investment in Ireland
Leading renewable energy consultancy, SgurrEnergy, has completed technical due diligence and resource assessments for GE Energy Financial Services’ equity investment in two Irish onshore wind farms.
[Finance & Investment] UK Green Investment Bank invests £461m in the UK offshore wind sectorThe UK Green Investment Bank (GIB) has today announced two equity investments in the UK offshore wind sector....
[Finance & Investment] Chancellor's measures will boost East of England windpowerIncentives from the Budget will help steer the East of England ever closer to becoming the heart of the UK offshore wind industry....
[Finance & Investment] Ecotricity opts for Renewables Obligation over Contracts for Difference for 54MW Lincolnshire windfarmGreen energy company Ecotricity will build a 54MW windfarm at Heckington Fen in Lincolnshire under the existing Renewables Obligation scheme rather than the newly launched Contract for Difference (CfD) mechanism for low carbon power....
[Finance & Investment] European support for sub-Saharan Africa’s largest wind power project confirmedAs the largest single wind farm in sub-Saharan Africa the Lake Turkana scheme is expected to generate around 20% of Kenya’s power and provide 300MW of reliable, low cost wind power to the Kenya national grid....
[Finance & Investment] KCP&L Annouces Significant Investments In Its Sustainability StrategyCompany's wind resources and energy-efficiency programs are largest in region....
[Finance & Investment] Bond Dickinson advises RES on £28.3 million financing of two onshore wind farmsEnergy lawyers at national firm Bond Dickinson have advised long-standing client RES, one of the world's leading renewable energy developers, on a £28.3 million financing deal for two onshore wind farms....
[Finance & Investment] PensionDanmark invests in UK wind farmsVia the fund Copenhagen Infrastructure I, PensionDanmark is investing approx. 153 million GBP in an acquisition from Falck Renewables S.p.A. of approximately half of six wind farms in the United Kingdom....
[Finance & Investment] Platina Partners Completes Exit from Mistal Energy FundSale marks firm’s second successful fund completion in 2013....
[Finance & Investment] Clarkson University Celebrates Grand Opening of Wind Turbine Blade Test Facility Funded by CECET and NYSERDAFirst-of-its-Kind Center in Northeast Will Promote Wind Industry and Investment in Clean Energy Technology....
[Finance & Investment] Obama Administration Sets Major Milestone for Offshore Wind in AmericaOffshore wind companies will bid today in the first competitive auction in America for areas to develop offshore wind energy....
[Finance & Investment] Belarus to build wind energy plant under EU Green Economy projectUnder the agreement, Belarus is planning to implement about 20 smaller green projects....
Wind Energy Events
Did You Know?
Poll: Increased Electricty Production
If we are to increase the domestic production of electricity, by which means do you think we should do this? Should it be done by building more windpower, hydropower, coal fired plants, nuclear plants or plants fired with biomass?
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- New Renewables Directory Sets Record
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice
- Operation and maintenance base completed for the Nordsee Ost wind farm
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- First offshore wind project proposal for West Coast of US
- Inovateus Solar and the Berrien County Youth Fair Association Announce Partnership Agreement for New Net-Zero Solar Powered Expo Arena
- SDCL Asia to launch USD 200 million UK China Energy Efficiency Investments Fund
Did You Know?
Wind Energy Projects
Latest Renewables Jobs
Wind Energy RSS Feeds
- Alterra Power's Dokie 1 Wind Farm Resumes Operations
- High wind speeds lead renewables to hit all-time high at nearly 20% of electricity mix
- Wind Farm Plans Power Ahead as Grid Connection is Approved
- ACCIONA Windpower signs a new supply contract in brazil for 153 MW
- Lincoln students' fact-finding trip around UK's wind farms