Tech & Innovation
GE's renewable energy business announced a technology demonstration of a 7-meter blade extension, taking GE wind turbines from a 77-meter rotor to a 91-meter rotor
[Tech & Innovation] Gamesa launches innovative anti-icing paint for wind turbinesThe system not only prevents ice formation, it preserves the paint’s properties and renders it more durable and resistant to erosion....
[Tech & Innovation] Pilot project has started: Vibratory driving of monopiles can cut costs of offshore wind energyRWE Innogy, DONG Energy, EnBW, E.ON and Vattenfall conduct a one year onshore-test to validate the vibratory driving of large monopiles for the use offshore with support from the Carbon Trust Offshore Wind Accelerator (OWA) and the offshore supply industry...
[Tech & Innovation] Altaeros Energies Poised to Break World Record with Alaska High Altitude Wind TurbineThe $1.3 million, eighteen-month project will deploy the Altaeros BAT at a height 1,000 feet above ground....
[Tech & Innovation] World’s most powerful wind turbine now operationalVestas’ first V164-8.0 MW prototype wind turbine has successfully produced its first kWh of electricity, making it the worlds’ most powerful turbine in operation. ...
[Tech & Innovation] Gamesa’s G114-2.0 MW prototype in Alaiz, Spain starts to generate energyThe prototype of Gamesa’s new G114-2.0 MW turbine, recently installed in Alaiz (Navarre, Spain), has started to generate power....
[Tech & Innovation] Blade Dynamics and ETI Very Long Blade Project moves forward with Siemens Wind PowerBlade Dynamics has announced that the design phase of their ‘Very Long Blade Project’ for the Energy Technologies Institute (ETI) has successfully concluded and that the prototyping phase will now begin....
[Tech & Innovation] Hydropower Set to Balance Wind PowerWhile Europe invests in wind energy, Norwegian hydropower offers the key to stable electricity supplies, experts say....
[Tech & Innovation] Nordex extending the “Generation Delta” range with onshore turbine for light windsWind turbine for light-wind locations offering an added yield of up to 28.6%...
[Tech & Innovation] The Secrets of Owls' Near Noiseless Wings"silent owl technology" may help to design wind turbines in the future....
[Tech & Innovation] When the wind blowsNew wind energy research focuses on turbine arrangement, wind seasonality...
[Tech & Innovation] Vestas starts up wind industry’s biggest test benchThe largest and most powerful test bench in the industry has started operation at Vestas’ global testing centre in Aarhus, Denmark. ...
1 2 total: 20 | displaying: 1 - 12
Wind Energy Events
Did You Know?
Poll: Increased Electricty Production
If we are to increase the domestic production of electricity, by which means do you think we should do this? Should it be done by building more windpower, hydropower, coal fired plants, nuclear plants or plants fired with biomass?
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- New Renewables Directory Sets Record
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice
- Operation and maintenance base completed for the Nordsee Ost wind farm
- First offshore wind project proposal for West Coast of US
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- Inovateus Solar and the Berrien County Youth Fair Association Announce Partnership Agreement for New Net-Zero Solar Powered Expo Arena
- GE Surpasses $1 Billion in Infrastructure Sales from Olympic Games Host Cities since 2006
Did You Know?
Wind Energy Projects
Latest Renewables Jobs
Wind Energy RSS Feeds
- Alterra Power's Dokie 1 Wind Farm Resumes Operations
- High wind speeds lead renewables to hit all-time high at nearly 20% of electricity mix
- Wind Farm Plans Power Ahead as Grid Connection is Approved
- ACCIONA Windpower signs a new supply contract in brazil for 153 MW
- Lincoln students' fact-finding trip around UK's wind farms