Tech & Innovation
The Ultra-High Solids and Speed system (UHSS), a unique two-coat protective paint system for onshore wind turbines produced by leading coatings manufacturer Hempel, was granted a patent from the European Patent Office.
[Tech & Innovation] Wind Power Revolution: The World’s First Timber TurbineA German engineering firm has erected the world’s first wooden wind turbine tower in Hanover, a 100-metre-tall multi-megawatt wind turbine that can produce electricity for about 1,000 households. ...
[Tech & Innovation] Windpower: Ancient, Not Infant“The use of wind power is as old as history,” resource economist Erich Zimmermann observed in his 1951 treatise, World Resources and Industries....
[Tech & Innovation] CGE Announces their "Wind for a Better Community" GrantClean Green Energy LLC “CGE” www.cleangreenenergyllc.com has issued a “Wind for a Better Community Grant” for schools, local governments, and public facilities....
[Tech & Innovation] Smart Paint Could Revolutionize Structural Safety of Bridges, Mines and MoreAn innovative low-cost smart paint that can detect microscopic faults in wind turbines, mines and bridges before structural damage occurs is being developed by researchers at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow....
[Tech & Innovation] The ACCIONA Windpowered Antarctica Expedition successfully completes its polar crossingThe ACCIONA team ends its 3,500km crossing of the South Pole using only a wind-drawn sled....
total: 6 | displaying: 1 - 6
Wind Energy Events
Did You Know?
Poll: Increased Electricty Production
If we are to increase the domestic production of electricity, by which means do you think we should do this? Should it be done by building more windpower, hydropower, coal fired plants, nuclear plants or plants fired with biomass?
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- SMA Releases Online Version of Sunny Design for PV System Configuration
- SMA Prepares for another Year of Regional Forums, Releases 2013 Dates
- BC Bioenergy Network Invests $1.5 M in Fraser richmond Soil and fibre “Energy Garden”
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice
- Inovateus Solar and the Berrien County Youth Fair Association Announce Partnership Agreement for New Net-Zero Solar Powered Expo Arena
- Rising wind farm rentals continue to generate income for landowners
- UK Government Launch The UK Green Investment Bank plc (UK GIB)
- Announcing the Solar Power Mexico conference
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
Did You Know?
Wind Energy Projects
Latest Renewables Jobs
Wind Energy RSS Feeds
- NextEra Energy Resources Selects GE’s New 1.7-100 Brilliant Wind Turbine for Michigan Wind Farm
- Gamesa Sells 70 MW Mexican Wind Farm to Iberdrola
- New Battery Design Could Help Solar and Wind Power the Grid
- TÜV Rheinland Certifies HybridDrive from Winergy
- Moventas Successful in Extreme Conditon, Full DriveTrain UP - Tower Repair