Full capacity has now been reached at the 630MW first phase of the world’s largest offshore wind farm, the London Array.
[Offshore Wind] China's offshore wind market expected to grow to US$16 billionDespite the considerable challenges and bottlenecks faced by China's offshore wind power market, the country's efforts in technologies for development of offshore wind power have remained strong. ...
New call-up from the framework agreement between DONG Energy A/S and Nexans...
Leading renewable engineering consultancy, SgurrEnergy, in partnership with AREVA Wind, has announced the launch of the most comprehensive offshore wind energy measurement campaign ever conducted in the industry....
[Offshore Wind] Siemens supplies 80 wind turbines and provides service for EUR700 million in the North SeaButendiek is the eighth offshore wind power plant order that Siemens has won in German waters and the second in Europe with an equity stake from Siemens Financial Services....
[Offshore Wind] Siemens launches new 4-megawatt offshore wind turbinePlatform strategy drives industrialization of wind power sector....
[Offshore Wind] Collaboration in Dutch Offshore Wind Farm and Long-Term Partnership Agreement in EuropeEneco and MC will jointly construct and operate the farm. ...
[Offshore Wind] Alstom launches construction of its plants in Saint-Nazaire in the presence of French Prime MinisterDeveloping a French industrial cluster for offshore wind energy....
[Offshore Wind] Last testing phase at 6MW for Alstom offshore wind turbineAlstom’s new-generation Haliade 150 offshore wind turbine is performing the official type testing phase at the site of Le Carnet, in the Pays ...
[Offshore Wind] Energy Bill offers short-term opportunities but long-term uncertainty for offshore windEnergi Coast, North East England’s Renewables Group, has welcomed the Government’s commitment to supporting offshore wind projects in the Energy Bill published today, but warned ...
[Offshore Wind] AREVA to localize in Scotland, creating 750 jobsOn the occasion of Mr. Alex Salmond, Scottish First Minister’s, visit to Paris, the AREVA group and Scottish Enterprise*, signed a Memorandum of ...
[Offshore Wind] Wind energy producers holding off on new projectsIowa’s wind energy producers and manufacturers are scrambling to finance new projects in the next two months because they don’t know if the ...
Wind Energy Events
Did You Know?
Poll: Increased Electricty Production
If we are to increase the domestic production of electricity, by which means do you think we should do this? Should it be done by building more windpower, hydropower, coal fired plants, nuclear plants or plants fired with biomass?
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- SMA Releases Online Version of Sunny Design for PV System Configuration
- SMA Prepares for another Year of Regional Forums, Releases 2013 Dates
- BC Bioenergy Network Invests $1.5 M in Fraser richmond Soil and fibre “Energy Garden”
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice
- Inovateus Solar and the Berrien County Youth Fair Association Announce Partnership Agreement for New Net-Zero Solar Powered Expo Arena
- UK Government Launch The UK Green Investment Bank plc (UK GIB)
- Announcing the Solar Power Mexico conference
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- Rising wind farm rentals continue to generate income for landowners
Did You Know?
Wind Energy Projects
Latest Renewables Jobs
Wind Energy RSS Feeds
- NextEra Energy Resources Selects GE’s New 1.7-100 Brilliant Wind Turbine for Michigan Wind Farm
- Gamesa Sells 70 MW Mexican Wind Farm to Iberdrola
- New Battery Design Could Help Solar and Wind Power the Grid
- TÜV Rheinland Certifies HybridDrive from Winergy
- Moventas Successful in Extreme Conditon, Full DriveTrain UP - Tower Repair