Governor Patrick Announces the Nation’s Largest Offshore Wind Energy Area Available for Commercial Development
742,000-acre zone off Massachusetts coast more than doubles federal offshore acreage available for utility-scale wind energy projects
[Offshore Wind] Planning Consent Granted for East Anglia ONE Offshore WindfarmLargest Round 3 Offshore Wind project to be consented in the UK and the first to be consented in English and Welsh waters...
RWE Innogy has completed its operation and maintenance base on Heligoland....
[Offshore Wind] RES Offshore Signs Operations and Maintenance Contract for Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult Met MastRES will be delivering scheduled maintenance, unscheduled maintenance and 24/7 remote operations for the structures, equipment and instrumentation systems including all work on the masts ...
This first-time, three-year charter agreement represents a new approach to offshore wind service and maintenance by Siemens and underscores the company's commitment to developing full scope efficient service solutions....
The Gemini consortium has signed all construction, operations and financing contracts yesterday with a total construction budget of nearly EUR 3 billion....
Avantha Group Company CG, announces the successful installation of its transformer substation at the Amrumbank West offshore wind farm...
[Offshore Wind] Deepwater Wind and Principle Power Announce Agreement To Develop the West Coast’s First Offshore Wind FarmU.S. Department of Energy Supports Oregon Offshore Wind with Grant Accelerating Development of WindFloat Pacific Project...
[Offshore Wind] Britons favour onshore wind over fracking 3 to 1Government accused of ignoring own research on energy policy....
[Offshore Wind] Alstom signs an exclusive agreement with BFG in wind offshore for its Haliade™ 150-6MW turbineAlstom signed today in Cherbourg, an exclusive partnership agreement with BFG France1 at the Thétis trade fair dedicated to renewable marine energies....
Siemens is investing more than EUR190 million (GBP160 million) in new offshore production facilities in Great Britain....
AREVA has selected Schneider Electric as its preferred supplier of power equipment for its offshore wind projects....
Wind Energy Events
Did You Know?
Poll: Increased Electricty Production
If we are to increase the domestic production of electricity, by which means do you think we should do this? Should it be done by building more windpower, hydropower, coal fired plants, nuclear plants or plants fired with biomass?
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- New Renewables Directory Sets Record
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice
- Operation and maintenance base completed for the Nordsee Ost wind farm
- First offshore wind project proposal for West Coast of US
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- Inovateus Solar and the Berrien County Youth Fair Association Announce Partnership Agreement for New Net-Zero Solar Powered Expo Arena
- GE Surpasses $1 Billion in Infrastructure Sales from Olympic Games Host Cities since 2006
Did You Know?
Wind Energy Projects
Latest Renewables Jobs
Wind Energy RSS Feeds
- Alterra Power's Dokie 1 Wind Farm Resumes Operations
- High wind speeds lead renewables to hit all-time high at nearly 20% of electricity mix
- Wind Farm Plans Power Ahead as Grid Connection is Approved
- ACCIONA Windpower signs a new supply contract in brazil for 153 MW
- Lincoln students' fact-finding trip around UK's wind farms