EnergyPark Peterborough Project On Track
Green Energy Parks (GEP) is delighted to announce, with its Malaysian partners KNM Group Berhad, that their RM 2.3 billion renewable EnergyPark in Peterborough is on track.
Green Energy Parks (GEP) is delighted to announce, with its Malaysian partners KNM Group Berhad, that their RM 2.3 billion renewable EnergyPark in Peterborough is on track. This follows the completion of KNM’s acquisition of a 55-acre tract in Peterborough for £25 million (RM122.7 million), where the 80MW renewables project will be located.
Green Energy Parks’ subsidiary Peterborough Renewable Energy Ltd (PREL), was granted planning permission for EnergyPark Peterborough from the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) in November 2009. The EnergyPark will be Europe’s most sustainable biomass from waste power station, drawing upon a mix of the best available technologies to achieve maximum diversion of waste from landfill at below landfill cost, at the same time as creating renewable energy and recycled products.
Commenting on announcement, Managing Director of Green Energy Parks, Chris Williams said:
“We have reached one more landmark step on the path to delivering this ground-breaking green power project for the UK. We are delighted to have completed the land acquisition with our partners KNM Group Berhad. We hope to begin the construction phase early next year and request parties interested in being part of the waste and biomass supply chain to make contact.”
For further information please call the Green Energy Parks Press Office on 07507 640 120, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information can be found online at www.greenenergyparks.co.uk
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- New Renewables Directory Sets Record
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice