UAE Energy Minister Visits Masdar
Discusses the important role renewable energy will play to promote economic growth and secure the country’s energy leadership.
Abu Dhabi-UAE: 23 April, 2013 – Today, His Excellency Suhail Mohamed Al Mazrouei, the UAE’s energy minister, met with senior officials at Masdar to identify ways the country can reduce its energy demand, adopt renewables and protect its precious hydrocarbon resources. The energy minister also underscored the important role Masdar – through its renewable energy and technology investments – is playing to support the UAE’s economic and social prosperity. The energy minister was accompanied by a high-level delegation that included H.E. Dr. Matar Al Niyadi, undersecretary at the energy ministry.
“With our demand for energy rising, it’s time to seriously consider an integrated, national energy policy to balance the sources of power we rely on,” said UAE Energy Minister H.E. Suhail Mohamed Al Mazrouei. “We must diversify the energy mix, which includes promoting renewable energy, nuclear and continuing to advance our hydrocarbon industry. This approach will help stabilize the global hydrocarbon market and enable us to meet our responsibility toward consumers.
“Masdar has demonstrated that large-scale renewable energy, such as Shams 1, can deliver immediate benefits, including the generation of clean, sustainable energy and the creation of specialized jobs that train our future energy leaders,” added H.E Al Mazrouei. “In a short period of time, Masdar has been central to the UAE’s global position as a responsible and true energy player with a portfolio that extends beyond hydrocarbons.”
The energy minister was received by His Excellency Dr. Sultan Al Jaber, CEO of Masdar, and provided with a comprehensive presentation of the company’s innovative approach to growing a new-energy industry in Abu Dhabi, which will ensure the UAE maintains its leadership as a global energy player. The briefing covered all aspects of the company’s unique business model, including research and development, clean technology investment, renewable energy development, and sustainable development. Masdar CEO and the Minister of Energy also discussed the important role the Ministry will play in accelerating the deployment of renewable energy through policies and regulatory frameworks.
Latest Renewables Jobs
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice
Poll: US Solar Development
How important do you think it is for the U.S. to develop and use solar power?