Transmission & Distribution
Low-cost, long-life battery that could enable solar and wind energy to become major suppliers to the electrical grid.
[Transmission & Distribution] Willetts announces £85 million research capital fundThe Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) is to invite capital bids against an £85 million fund to increase the strength and productivity including Grid-scale Energy Storage (£30 million)....
[Transmission & Distribution] New IEEE Standards for Wireless Data Networking designed to help Utilities Modernize Communications Infrastructure for Smart GridsIEEE announced updates to four wireless communications technologies in the IEEE 802® family of standards, as well as a new IEEE 802 standards-development project. ...
[Transmission & Distribution] ABB solves 100-year-old electrical puzzle – new technology to enable future DC gridDevelopment of a DC breaker for high voltage transmission will help shape the grid of the future....
[Transmission & Distribution] New frequency response technology sees first successful implementationFirst implementation of fast-acting aggregated reserve service successfully responds to frequency deviations for National Grid....
[Transmission & Distribution] New S&C Smart Grid Products Help Utilities Improve Grid Reliability, EfficiencyS&C Electric Company, a Swansea-based smart grid leader shaping the future of reliable electric delivery, has announced the launch of new solutions to help utilities realize a self-healing smart grid....
[Transmission & Distribution] Siemens to increase power transmission capacity between England and ScotlandMajor order for low-loss HVDC technology....
[Transmission & Distribution] Arista Power Selected to Develop Intelligent Micro-Grid for U.S. ArmyThe Intelligent Micro-Grid will be designed to seamlessly integrate both renewable and traditional energy sources....
total: 8 | displaying: 1 - 8
Poll: Increased Electricty Production
If we are to increase the domestic production of electricity, by which means do you think we should do this? Should it be done by building more windpower, hydropower, coal fired plants, nuclear plants or plants fired with biomass?
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- SMA Releases Online Version of Sunny Design for PV System Configuration
- SMA Prepares for another Year of Regional Forums, Releases 2013 Dates
- BC Bioenergy Network Invests $1.5 M in Fraser richmond Soil and fibre “Energy Garden”
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice
- Inovateus Solar and the Berrien County Youth Fair Association Announce Partnership Agreement for New Net-Zero Solar Powered Expo Arena
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- Rising wind farm rentals continue to generate income for landowners
- UK Government Launch The UK Green Investment Bank plc (UK GIB)
- Announcing the Solar Power Mexico conference
Poll: PV Challenges
What are the greatest challenges for the PV industry right now?