Tech & Innovation
Switchable material could harness the power of the sun — even when it’s not shining
[Tech & Innovation] California Firm Awarded Patent for Zero-Fuel Solar Plastic Molding TechnologyThe patent describes the use of heliostats (sun-tracking mirrors) to concentrate heat in a plastic molding system....
[Tech & Innovation] Copper Promises Cheaper, Sturdier Fuel CellsConverting solar energy into storable fuel remains one of the greatest challenges of modern chemistry....
[Tech & Innovation] Fraunhofer ISE develops new test system for solar thermal collectorsOn 23 November 2012, the Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE officially put its new test stand for solar thermal collectors into ...
[Tech & Innovation] Making Mirrors for the SunWith $1.5 million from the Department of Energy, UA researchers are continuing to improve groundbreaking technology to produce solar electricity at a price competitive with non-renewable energy sources. ...
[Tech & Innovation] LightManufacturing Introduces Groundbreaking Solar Thermal Manufacturing SystemThe new approach avoids pitfalls that plague solar electric....
[Tech & Innovation] Solar Thermal Technology Developed by Southwest Solar Technologies, Inc.Southwest Solar Technologies Inc. announced today its development program for a solar thermal technology that will serve industrial needs for process heat and steam. ...
total: 7 | displaying: 1 - 7
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- New Renewables Directory Sets Record
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice
- Operation and maintenance base completed for the Nordsee Ost wind farm
- First offshore wind project proposal for West Coast of US
- Inovateus Solar and the Berrien County Youth Fair Association Announce Partnership Agreement for New Net-Zero Solar Powered Expo Arena
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- Making Scotland the Green Energy Capital of Europe - Interview with Alex Salmond
Poll: US Solar Development
How important do you think it is for the U.S. to develop and use solar power?
Fact of the Week
Utilising the heat in CHP applications means that 70-85% of the energy converted from fuel can be put to use, rather than the 30-50% that is typical for electrical generation alone