Customers in the future will benefit from lighter weight, more efficient and lower cost solar thermal panels as a result of an exclusive, worldwide agreement between SABIC and VU University Amsterdam (VU).
[Solar Thermal] Qatar Solar Technologies and Qatar Electricity & Water to Develop Power Using Solar EnergyDoha, Qatar, Sunday 20 May 2012 - Qatar Solar Technologies (QSTec) signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Qatar Electricity & Water Company (QEWC) on Sunday ...
[Tech & Innovation] LightManufacturing Introduces Groundbreaking Solar Thermal Manufacturing SystemThe new approach avoids pitfalls that plague solar electric....
[Research & Analysis] Solar thermal markets grew 14% in 2010Solar thermal represents three times the energy production of photovoltaic solar energy and concentrated solar power. With 162 TWh produced in 2010, solar heating and cooling is second only to wind energy....
[CSP] 546 MW of Photovoltaic Solar Energy and Concentrated Solar Power commissioned in India to dateBridge to India (New Delhi, India) estimates that the nation has commissioned 546 MW of solar photovoltaics (PV) and concentrating solar thermal power (CSP) through various programs. ...
[Research & Analysis] Europe: Three Basic Guidelines Help Regional and Global Market DevelopmentThe European Solar Thermal Industry Federation (ESTIF) has just launched three comprehensive guidelines regarding the Solar Water Heating Market Transformation and Strengthening Initiative (GSWH)...
[Finance & Investment] Rooftop Solar Energy Program Wins Critical Approval From Los Angeles City CouncilLos Angeles Business Council applauds decision allowing LADWP to create new national model for rooftop solar energy....
SolarReserve says it has received its final permit from Saguache (suh-WAHCH') County for two planned 100-megawatt solar thermal energy facilities....
Siemens Energy has been awarded an order to supply UVAC 2010 (Universal Vacuum Air Collector) solar receivers for a parabolic trough power plant to be built in Rajasthan, India. ...
[Solar Thermal] Solar Thermal Use "Heats Up" in Colder ClimesNEW YORK, NY, Mar 12, 2012 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- Many people associate solar energy with hot regions like Arizona and Southern California. ...
Tex Wilkins, Veteran of U.S. Department of Energy Solar Program, to Lead New Organization....
[Solar Thermal] The European Solar Thermal Electricity Industry calls on Spain to continue support for renewable energiesThe third Solar Thermal Electricity Industry Forum in Cologne organized by ESTELA reveals the huge potential and advantages of this technology....
Poll: US Solar Development
How important do you think it is for the U.S. to develop and use solar power?
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- SMA Releases Online Version of Sunny Design for PV System Configuration
- SMA Prepares for another Year of Regional Forums, Releases 2013 Dates
- BC Bioenergy Network Invests $1.5 M in Fraser richmond Soil and fibre “Energy Garden”
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice
- Inovateus Solar and the Berrien County Youth Fair Association Announce Partnership Agreement for New Net-Zero Solar Powered Expo Arena
- Rising wind farm rentals continue to generate income for landowners
- UK Government Launch The UK Green Investment Bank plc (UK GIB)
- Announcing the Solar Power Mexico conference
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
Fact of the Week
Utilising the heat in CHP applications means that 70-85% of the energy converted from fuel can be put to use, rather than the 30-50% that is typical for electrical generation alone