The greater the penetration of renewables in California, the greater the value of CSP with thermal storage capacity
[CSP] Australian Solar Thermal Power Innovation Project An Example of Private Investment Leveraged by Australian Renewable Energy AgencyAustralian solar thermal power innovation company Vast Solar (www.vastsolar.com) announced today it had commenced construction of a 6MWth (1.1MWe) concentrating solar thermal (CST) power pilot ...
IK4-TEKNIKER is participating in the EUROSUNMED project designed to transfer solar energy technology to Egypt and Morocco...
Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz will participate today in the opening of the Ivanpah Solar Energy Generating System, the world’s largest concentrating solar power (CSP) plant....
Findings demonstrate increasing importance for systems with thermal energy storage...
[CSP] Chilean Ministry of Energy and CORFO announce company chosen to build the first Concentrated Solar Power plant in Latin AmericaThis technology allows for continuous electricity storage and transmission, representing one of the most important global innovations in renewable energy production....
Godawary Green Energy Limited has launched India's first grid connected 60MWe Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) plant that relies on the Steam Generation System from Aalborg CSP & Sojitz Corporation....
The project is located in Souss-Massa-Draa, province of Ouarzazate in Morocco, approximately 200 km south of Marrakesh....
100-megawatt power plant is a major milestone for renewable energy in the Middle East....
[CSP] 546 MW of Photovoltaic Solar Energy and Concentrated Solar Power commissioned in India to dateBridge to India (New Delhi, India) estimates that the nation has commissioned 546 MW of solar photovoltaics (PV) and concentrating solar thermal power (CSP) through various programs. ...
SolarReserve says it has received its final permit from Saguache (suh-WAHCH') County for two planned 100-megawatt solar thermal energy facilities....
Tex Wilkins, Veteran of U.S. Department of Energy Solar Program, to Lead New Organization....
1 2 total: 16 | displaying: 1 - 12
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- New Renewables Directory Sets Record
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice
- Operation and maintenance base completed for the Nordsee Ost wind farm
- First offshore wind project proposal for West Coast of US
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- Inovateus Solar and the Berrien County Youth Fair Association Announce Partnership Agreement for New Net-Zero Solar Powered Expo Arena
- UK Government Launch The UK Green Investment Bank plc (UK GIB)
Poll: US Solar Development
How important do you think it is for the U.S. to develop and use solar power?
Fact of the Week
Utilising the heat in CHP applications means that 70-85% of the energy converted from fuel can be put to use, rather than the 30-50% that is typical for electrical generation alone