Tech & Innovation
Quantum-dot photovoltaics set new record for efficiency in such devices, could unlock new uses.
[Tech & Innovation] Stacked Electrodes To Make Solar Cells WearableWearable solar cells are now one step closer to reality with the development of flexible and efficient solar cells based on stacked electrodes....
[Tech & Innovation] Taking the lead out of a promising solar cell: Environmentally friendly solar cell pushes forward the 'next big thing in photovoltaics'Northwestern University researchers are the first to develop a new solar cell with good efficiency that uses tin instead of lead perovskite as the harvester of light....
[Tech & Innovation] New guidance on turning solar farms into biodiversity hotspotsSolar farms typically take up less than 5% of the land they are on leaving huge scope to develop protected habitats to support local wildlife and plantlife....
[Tech & Innovation] Major advances in dye sensitized solar cellsTwo groups of researchers have recently advanced the field of solar cells with a cheaper and efficient replacement for platinum and better synthesis of zinc oxide....
[Tech & Innovation] Loughborough scientists come up with method of reducing solar panel glareThe glare from solar farms could be a thing of the past, thanks to scientists at Loughborough University....
[Tech & Innovation] Research Finds “Tunable” Semiconductors Will Allow Better Detectors, Solar CellsOne of the great problems in physics is the detection of electromagnetic radiation – that is, light – which lies outside the small range of wavelengths that the human eye can see....
[Tech & Innovation] New Sustainable Production of Electricity Using PVBlackLight Power, Inc. Announces Sustained Production of Electricity Using Photovoltaic Conversion of the Millions of Watts of Brilliant Plasma Formed by the Reaction of Water to a More Stable Form of Hydrogen...
[Tech & Innovation] How to tap the sun’s energy through heat as well as lightNew approach developed at MIT could generate power from sunlight efficiently and on demand....
[Tech & Innovation] Simple, Cheap Way to Increase Solar Cell EfficiencyResearchers from North Carolina State University and the Chinese Academy of Sciences have found an easy way to modify the molecular structure of a polymer commonly used in solar cells....
Poll: PV Market Segments
Which of the following market segments will have the highest growth rates in the years to come?
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- New Renewables Directory Sets Record
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice
- Operation and maintenance base completed for the Nordsee Ost wind farm
- First offshore wind project proposal for West Coast of US
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- Inovateus Solar and the Berrien County Youth Fair Association Announce Partnership Agreement for New Net-Zero Solar Powered Expo Arena
- GE Surpasses $1 Billion in Infrastructure Sales from Olympic Games Host Cities since 2006
Latest Renewables Jobs
Poll: US Solar Development
How important do you think it is for the U.S. to develop and use solar power?