Tech & Innovation
The new technique, patented by UNSW researchers earlier this year, is expected to produce efficiencies between 21% and 23%, says Wenham.
[Tech & Innovation] Microwave Cooks up Solar Cell MaterialNanocrystal SemiConductor for Photovoltaics, Sensor, Heat Reuse...
[Tech & Innovation] NREL Launches Initiative to Build Solar Performance DatabaseThe U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) has launched an initiative to build an open-source database of real-world performance from solar facilities across the country. ...
[Tech & Innovation] New solar-cell design based on dots and wiresMIT researchers improve efficiency of quantum-dot photovoltaic system by adding a forest of nanowires....
[Tech & Innovation] Artificial Leaf: Solar-To-Fuel Roadmap Developed for Crystalline SiliconBringing the concept of an "artificial leaf" closer to reality, a team of researchers at MIT has published a detailed analysis of all the factors that could limit the efficiency of such a system. ...
[Tech & Innovation] Research to probe deep within a solar cellResearchers are the first to use a cutting-edge neutron scattering technique called SERGIS to analyse PCBM....
[Tech & Innovation] NREL and Partners Demonstrate Quantum Dots that Assemble ThemselvesSurprising breakthrough could bolster quantum photonics, solar cell efficiency....
[Tech & Innovation] NREL and Stanford Team up on Peel-and-Stick Solar CellsDevices could charge battery-powered products in the future....
[Tech & Innovation] Award-Winning PV Cell Pushes Efficiency HigherIt takes outside-the-box thinking to outsmart the solar spectrum and set a world record for solar cell efficiency. The solar spectrum has boundaries and immutable rules. No matter how much solar cell manufacturers want to bend those rules, they can't....
[Tech & Innovation] Team develops side-illuminated ultra-efficient solar cell designsThe new cell architecture (above) developed at the David Ben-Gurion National Solar Research Center at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev can exceed an ...
Poll: PV Market Segments
Which of the following market segments will have the highest growth rates in the years to come?
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- SMA Releases Online Version of Sunny Design for PV System Configuration
- SMA Prepares for another Year of Regional Forums, Releases 2013 Dates
- BC Bioenergy Network Invests $1.5 M in Fraser richmond Soil and fibre “Energy Garden”
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice
- Inovateus Solar and the Berrien County Youth Fair Association Announce Partnership Agreement for New Net-Zero Solar Powered Expo Arena
- Rising wind farm rentals continue to generate income for landowners
- UK Government Launch The UK Green Investment Bank plc (UK GIB)
- Announcing the Solar Power Mexico conference
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
Latest Renewables Jobs
Poll: US Solar Development
How important do you think it is for the U.S. to develop and use solar power?