OPDE finishes construction of new 12MWp solar farm in UK
Constructed during February and March 2014, the site is situated at Alresford in Hampshire and will supply electricity equivalent to consumption of 5,000 homes.
- The solar farm was connected to the grid on 23 March, and will produce an output of 12GW per hour a year.
- The farm helps strengthen OPDE’s presence in UK, where it has installations for a total 150MW planned for the near future.
24 April 2014.- OPDE, a multinational group specialising in the development, investment and operation of solar farms, has recently completed a new 12MWp solar farm in Alresford, Hampshire.
Commencing in February 2014, construction took only two months, and first connection to the grid was made on 23 March.
According to OPDE sources, the new farm, featuring 47,616 PV modules, will generate 11,844MWh a year and supply electricity to 5,000 homes in the UK.
The connection of the new 12MWp farm helps OPDE strengthen its presence in UK, where the firm plans to develop farms for a total output of 150MW in the next few years.//
- Operation and maintenance base completed for the Nordsee Ost wind farm
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- First offshore wind project proposal for West Coast of US
- Inovateus Solar and the Berrien County Youth Fair Association Announce Partnership Agreement for New Net-Zero Solar Powered Expo Arena
- New central inverter: Fronius delivers even more power with the Fronius Agilo TL