IPCC Climate Change Report reinforces the link between global warming and the human equation
The UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) recently released a report strongly reinforcing the link between humans and global warming
London, United Kingdom – 2013, October – The UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) recently released a report strongly reinforcing the link between humans and global warming.
Additionally, it warned that if significant changes aren’t made to reduce carbon emissions, global warming will continue, spelling disaster for the polar ice caps, rising sea levels, erratic heat spells and changes in rain and climate patterns.
The 2,500-page report is the result of the collaboration of more than 800 individuals from all over the world. It’s been met with some criticism from various groups within the scientific community, but it’s also garnered a lot of support. It will likely be used as the impetus to help drive changes in a number policies and programs and also be used to help support the growth of green energy.
"Continued emissions of greenhouse gases will cause further warming and changes in all components of the climate system," explained Thomas Stocker, Co-Chair of the IPCC Working Group I. "Limiting climate change will require substantial and sustained reductions of greenhouse gas emissions."
On a personal level, individuals can do number of things to reduce their carbon footprint. In addition to implementing energy-saving changes recommended by the government’s Green Deal, they should also consider exchanging their traditional halogen light bulbs for the more energy-efficient LED bulbs and cutting back on unnecessary activities that consume energy.
Shari Burton, co-founder of SimplyLED.co.uk, stated, “The IPCC report probably won’t shock many people, but it should definitely reinforce their desire to live cleaner, greener lives. Installing our NxtGen™ Series III LED bulbs are a great way for those who want to help limit their effect on the environment to do so. Besides being energy efficient and cost-effective, the change will also help cash-strapped families save money for many years as energy prices continue to rise.”
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice