Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice
The latest World Of Renewables Network viewing figures released today show a surge in Geothermal interest, with the merger between enXco and Riverbank also in the top 5 'articles of interest' in the last 12 months. Bioenergy also featured and SMA America appeared twice in the top 5.
2012 was a mixed year for many companies across the various renewable energy sectors. Surprisingly, in this latest report released by World Of Renewables Network, GEA's Geothermal Energy report was top of the list for visitors, proving that there is still huge support for the expanded use of geothermal energy and the developing geothermal resources worldwide for electrical power generation and direct heat uses.
Riverbank Power's announcement, a developer of pumped storage and run-of-river hydroelectric assets, that it had entered into a joint venture agreement with enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, to develop pumped storage facilities in North America, followed closely behind in second.
SMA's announcement of the online version of their Sunny Design for PV system configuration, SMA’s popular design software optimized for mobile devices and tablets, also featured heavily and emphasized the growing demand by solar installers and system planners to better visualize possible PV plant designs and select the optimum configuration quickly and easily.
Fronius' article on generating maximum yields was also among the front runners, featuring as a company in the top 5 for the first time. Their article: Fronius Generate Maximum Yields Even Under The Toughest Conditions, announced August 2012, eventually finished 4th in the overall standings.
The market for photovoltaic (PV) inverter service plans and extended warranties is forecast to grow by 110 per cent between 2012 and 2017, according to a recent report entitled PV Inverter Service Plans & Extended Warranties from IMS Research. Interestingly, in a recent survey earlier this year, respondents stated that both warranty and service offered ranked higher than price competitiveness: this was generally the case across most countries. No surprise then that the World's largest inverter manufacturer SMA's recent 2013 release of their Regional Forums also appeared in the list, their 2nd appearance in this year's top 5 most viewed 'articles of interest'.
The full list (top 10*) of our most popular articles viewed across the network from January 2012 thru January 2013 can be viewed below:
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012 (105,769 views)
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture (105,026)
- SMA Releases Online Version of Sunny Design for PV System Configuration (94,180)
- Fronius Generate Maximum Yields Even Under The Toughest Conditions (74,430)
- SMA Prepares for another Year of Regional Forums, Releases 2013 Dates (43,164)
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects (35,026)
- China Beats U.S. to Become Number One In Installed Wind Power (31,489)
- Small Hydropower (SHP) - Installed Capacity Market Research Report Released (30,452)
- Biomass Power Generation Brazil 2012 (27,336)
- Qatar Solar Technologies and Qatar Electricity & Water to Develop Power Using Solar Energy (27,111)
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- New Renewables Directory Sets Record
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice