Green Energy Group orders Metso's valves again for its geothermal power plant installation in Kenya
Metso has already won its 10th repeat order from the Norwegian company Green Energy Group AS for Neles® rotary control valves and triple eccentric disc valves
The valves were tested in the company's pilot plant in Kenya, where the valves will control the steamy process flow coming from the boreholes drilled into the ground. The loosened soil from the ground can include silica and sand, which sets special requirements on the valves to be able provide accurate control ability in such rough conditions. One of the challenges in these applications is the silica scaling.
"Not many valves are able to operate in this type of environment," says Snorri Einarsson, Product Manager, Steam Systems, Green Energy Group AS.
"We have also benefited from Metso's Nelprof® valve selection program, which saves time since it is easy to use to calculate flow characteristics. The next step will be to get all the plants hooked up to the Metso FieldCare™ Device and Asset Management software to carry out predictive maintenance with live monitoring of the valve performance," he continues.
Green Energy Group is famous for building up geothermal power plants quickly due to its unique modular concept. Traditional deployment of geothermal power plants takes many years, from project start to power online, and requires large investments to complete. Green Energy Group delivers a unique power plant system that is prefabricated in ready modules and commissioned on-site in weeks. This year Green Energy Group is delivering four geothermal power plants and has received an order for five more plants for next year.
Metso is the leading valve solutions and services provider. Metso's flow control solutions include control valves, automated on-off and emergency shutdown valves, as well as smart positioners and condition monitoring. Metso's world-leading product brands are Neles®, Jamesbury® and Mapag®.
The Automation segment's process automation and flow control solutions meet the growing needs of Metso's customer industries to improve production process efficiency as raw materials and energy sources become scarcer and their costs increase. Our global network of service experts delivers business solutions to our customers that improve their productivity, lower risks and optimize costs. www.metso.com/automation, www.twitter.com/metsoautomation
Metso is a global supplier of technology and services to customers in the process industries, including mining, construction, pulp and paper, power, and oil and gas. Our 30,000 professionals based in over 50 countries deliver sustainability and profitability to customers worldwide. Expect results. www.metso.com,
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice