Exeter set for green boost as renewables firm expands
Exeter homes and businesses are set for a sunny future as a renewable energy firm expands into a brand new £250,000 showroom to cope with demand for sustainable energy systems in the region.
Solarlec has seen a surge in business across the South West over the past 12 months after setting up its Exeter branch last year, resulting in the company moving into a larger showroom site close to its previous premises in Marsh Barton.
Now, Solarlec - which specialises in solar PV, solar thermal and biomass systems - is set to unveil its brand new £250,000 showroom to the public as the Mayor of Exeter, Cllr Rachel Lyons, attends its official opening weekend this Friday, 29 November.
Solarlec Exeter manager Philip Harris said: "The new premises represents a significant investment for us as we continue to see strong sales across the South West - it goes to show more and more home and business owners are wising up to the considerable financial benefits of renewable energy systems.
"We look forward to welcoming people from across the area to our opening day this Friday and Saturday to chat with our friendly, knowledgeable team about how they can significantly reduce their energy bills."
The Solarlec Renewable Energy showroom, situated at 4 Venture Centre, Yeoford Way, Marsh Barton, features demonstration areas and user-friendly infographics on the financial and environmental benefits of switching to sustainable energy.
The showroom will be open to the public from 10am on Friday 29 and Saturday 30 November - customers can enjoy canapés, drinks and a prize draw to win £250 M&S vouchers from 11am on both days. For more information visit www.solarlec.com
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice