Taoiseach opens massive energy facility at Aurivo which will significantly reduce its dairy energy costs
Aurivo, the globally focused agri-business based in the West of Ireland, yesterday opened a new €5.25 million state-of-the-art biomass facility at its Dairy Ingredients plant in Ballaghadereen, Co Roscommon.
[Biomass/Biogas] Integrated Gasified Biomass Power Plant Will Use GE Gas Engine Technology to Help Bulgaria Achieve Greater Energy IndependenceTo reduce Bulgaria’s heavy dependence on imported energy, a landmark biomass-to-energy plant powered by GE’s (NYSE: GE) Jenbacher gas engine technology is being built near Stroevo, in Plovdiv province....
[Biomass/Biogas] Lumicity and Bernard Matthews announce UK’s largest biomass projectLumicity and Bernard Matthews, Britain’s number one turkey producer, have announced the UK’s largest biomass roll out project with 179 biomass boilers due to be installed across 21 of its turkey farms in Norfolk, Suffolk, & Lincolnshire...
[Biomass/Biogas] Constellation to Develop 27 MW Biogas Co-Generation Power Plan for City of Los Angeles Bureau of SanitationDesigned to generate enough electricity to operate city's Hyperion wastewater treatment plant...
[Biomass/Biogas] Consent granted for £325 million Rosyth biomass plantThe CHP plant would use sustainably sourced wood fuel primarily from overseas with the capacity to generate 120MW of low carbon renewable electricity and 30MW ...
[Biomass/Biogas] Sonoco Dedicates $75 Million Biomass Boiler FacilitySonoco, a global provider of industrial products, consumer packaging, protective solutions and packaging services, today (17 Jan) dedicated the new biomass facility at its Hartsville, S.C., plant....
Nexterra Systems Corp. a global leader in energy-from-waste gasification systems, announced today that it has signed a contract with MWH to supply a biomass gasification ...
[Biomass/Biogas] Food you don’t eat is fuelling expansion for PDMIT might seem hard to believe, but waste from top class hotels and tourist attractions is helping to keep Britain’s lights burning....
Plant will enable utilization of sawmill residue for sustainable heat and power production....
[Biomass/Biogas] Polish Bioenergy Project powers up 2-MW biogas CHP(SeeNews) - Oct 5, 2012 - Polish biogas technology firm Bioenergy Project yesterday officially put online a 1.99-MW agricultural biogas-fired combined heat and ...
[Biomass/Biogas] South Korea and Japan importers of pellets and energy chipsSouth Korea and Japan will become large importers of pellets and energy chips in the coming decade, reports the Wood Resource Quarterly...
Turn-key, carbon-negative facilities will be first of their kind in global market....
total: 12 | displaying: 1 - 12
Poll: Reducing CO2 Effectively
Which CO2 reducing technology do you think delivers best value?
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- New Renewables Directory Sets Record
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice
- Operation and maintenance base completed for the Nordsee Ost wind farm
- First offshore wind project proposal for West Coast of US
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- Inovateus Solar and the Berrien County Youth Fair Association Announce Partnership Agreement for New Net-Zero Solar Powered Expo Arena
- GE Surpasses $1 Billion in Infrastructure Sales from Olympic Games Host Cities since 2006
Fact of the Week
Utilising the heat in CHP applications means that 70-85% of the energy converted from fuel can be put to use, rather than the 30-50% that is typical for electrical generation alone
Cogen Project Profiles