New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
Gaia-Wind CEO Johnnie Andringa today responded to the new proposals for energy tariffs.
The leading small wind turbine manufacturer took a cautious tone when he said: "The government cannot control volatile world energy prices. So the danger is that when the “Tariff merry-go-Round” stops, we still face increasing energy prices.”
On his Gaia-Wind blog page Andringa says:
“The proposals limit suppliers to four "core tariffs" per fuel. This can’t be a bad thing.
“But Davey also admits: ‘The government cannot control volatile world energy prices.’ So the danger is that when the “Tariff merry-go-Round” stops, we still face increasing energy prices.
“.. there are still hurdles at which it could fall: going through Parliament as part of the Energy Bill being one of the most critical. Trade-offs and compromise are part and parcel of the progress of any Bill and many proposals do not come through entirely unscathed.
“So, all power to Ministers’ elbows but Gaia-Wind turbine owners have the power (excuse the pun) to escape from the constant round of energy price rises. “Small wind turbine owners can play a ‘Three Card Trick’, to achieve “energy Independence” from spiralling energy costs. They can:
• Offset their utilities bill by using their own energy – even switching from e.g. oil heating can be cost efficient
• Sell the remainder of their energy generation back to the Grid; and
• Still receive considerable FIT payments of 21 p for every Kilowatt generated.
1. Notes to Editors:
2. To see the full Blog got to http://www.gaia-wind.com/ceo-blog/
3. Gaia-Wind Ltd is a manufacturer of world leading high performance Small Wind Turbines, servicing farms, rural properties, businesses, and community projects. The company is headquartered in Glasgow, Scotland with offices in Denmark and Italy and has appointed distributors in France, England, Ireland, and the US.
Almost 600 Gaia-Wind turbines have been “in the ground” for a combined operational time of more than 14 million hours. That’s over 1,500 years. In Denmark, 77 of our Gaia-Wind turbines have been running for more than 10 years.
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice