TUV Rheinalnd Issues the First ISCC Certificate to ASB Bio-Diesel Hong Kong Ltd
Hong Kong, June 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- TUV Rheinland Greater China issued its first International Sustainability and Carbon Certification (ISCC) certificate to one of the largest bio-diesel suppliers and producers in Asia, ASB Bio-Diesel Hong Kong Ltd. The audit was conducted and completed in mid-May. According to the European Renewable Energy Directive (2009/28/EC) (RED), since 2011, biomass for use as biofuel or bioenergy must be produced sustainably. ISCC is one of the first international certification systems recognized by the European Commission that can be used to prove sustainability and greenhouse gas savings for all kinds of biomass and bioenergy.
ISCC covers entire supply chains from the field to the consumer and ensures traceability throughout the whole supply chain. The supply chain includes farmers planning to grow crops for fuel purposes, businesses involved in the purchase and storage of raw materials, biomass/biofuel producers, trading firms (trading materials for production of biomass/biofuels) and processors (oil mills, refineries, esterification sites etc.).
ISCC is a global scheme covering all kinds of biomass and is applied in the EU home market and overseas. It is a one-stop shop for companies, easing national and international trade. The market demand for sustainable biofuel continues to grow, and companies throughout the EU are even paying a premium for certified biomass.
TUV Rheinland is a global leader in the provision of climate and environmental protection services. Thanks to the rich carbon audit experience we have accumulated over 10 years, the team has extensive knowledge of GHG calculation and biomass mass-balance. TUV Rheinland, as one of the largest technical service providers in the world, is recognized by the ISCC as its global certification body for the ISCC certification system. Our auditors in Hong Kong and China can provide immediate support for clients in Greater China and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- New Renewables Directory Sets Record
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice