Tech & Innovation
The study has been conducted by researchers at the Public University of Navarre and the IdAB-Institute of Agrobiotechnology
[Tech & Innovation] Surplus electrical power converts carbon dioxide into synthetic natural gasClimate killer as a climate rescuer....
[Tech & Innovation] Stanford scientists discover a novel way to make ethanol without corn or other plantsStanford scientists have created a copper-based catalyst that produces large quantities of ethanol from carbon monoxide gas at room temperature....
[Tech & Innovation] Trees go high-tech: process turns cellulose into energy storage devicesBased on a fundamental chemical discovery by scientists at Oregon State University, it appears that trees may soon play a major role in making high-tech energy storage devices....
[Tech & Innovation] Enginuity New Master Tenant at MPSCMissouri Plant Science Center (MPSC) has signed a lease agreement to make Enginuity Worldwide its new master tenant for the 28,000 square feet facility where ...
[Tech & Innovation] Engineered Bacteria Produce Biofuel Alternative for High-Energy Rocket FuelResearchers at the Georgia Institute of Technology and the Joint BioEnergy Institute are engineering a biofuel alternative for high-energy fuels like JP-10....
[Tech & Innovation] Berkeley Lab-led Project Aims to Produce Liquid Transportation Fuel from MethaneHow’s this for innovative: A Berkeley Lab-led team hopes to engineer a new enzyme that efficiently converts methane to liquid transportation fuel....
[Tech & Innovation] NREL Finds a New Cellulose Digestion Mechanism by a Fast-eating EnzymeCelA digests cellulose faster than enzymes from commercial preparations....
[Tech & Innovation] Algae to crude oil: Million-year natural process takes minutes labProcess simplifies transformation of algae to oil, water and usable byproducts...
[Tech & Innovation] The first decade: Team reports on U.S. trials of bioenergy grassesCHAMPAIGN, Ill. — The first long-term U.S. field trials of Miscanthus x giganteus, a towering perennial grass used in bioenergy production, reveal that its exceptional ...
[Tech & Innovation] How Scavenging Fungi Became a Plant’s Best FriendGlomeromycota is an ancient lineage of fungi that has a symbiotic relationship with roots that goes back nearly 420 million years to the earliest plants. ...
[Tech & Innovation] 'Survival of the fattest': promising developments for oil production from algaeResearchers at TU Delft have developed a clever way of finding the fattest and therefore the most suitable examples among all the many species of algae....
1 2 total: 18 | displaying: 1 - 12
Poll: Best For Biofuel?
Which of the following has the most potential as a biofuels?
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- New Renewables Directory Sets Record
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice
- Operation and maintenance base completed for the Nordsee Ost wind farm
- First offshore wind project proposal for West Coast of US
- Inovateus Solar and the Berrien County Youth Fair Association Announce Partnership Agreement for New Net-Zero Solar Powered Expo Arena
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- Making Scotland the Green Energy Capital of Europe - Interview with Alex Salmond
Did You Know?
Biomass is considered to be one of the key renewable resources of the future at both small- and large-scale levels. It already supplies 14 % of the world’s primary energy consumption
Latest Renewables Jobs