New Ultra-Thin Ceramic Substrate for Thin Film PV
Buffalo, NY – ENrG Inc. announces Thin E-Strate®, an ultra-thin, flexible ceramic membrane for deposition of thin film PV technologies.
ENrG’s Thin E-Strate® is a 40 micron thick, lightweight YSZ ceramic membrane that opens new possibilities in the development of high efficiency PV thin films. It provides a smooth, inert surface and high temperature processing tolerance up to 1200 deg. C which is needed for depositing high efficiency PV thin films. And the large sheet format enables fabrication and interconnection of multiple cells on a single substrate.
Additional features include bendability for contouring to curved surfaces like airfoils, and translucency for deposition of junctions on the backside. The ceramic also provides high heat dissipation for concentrated PV applications, and is abrasion resistant and impermeable for higher reliability in harsh applications.
Based in Buffalo, NY, ENrG Inc. (www.enrg-inc.com/products.asp) specializes in advanced ceramic membranes. The company works closely with developers in the areas of thin film solar cells, fuel cells, batteries, sensors, superconductors, micro-heaters and biological applications.
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice