Phono Solar partners with PODPASSIV
Phono Solar to exclusively manufacture, sell and distribute POD PV solar lamps around the globe
Phono Solar, one of the world’s largest producers of quality monocrystalline and polycrystalline silicon solar modules, and PODPASSIV, the creators of ground breaking shelter solutions, have come together to introduce new, unique and versatile products to the global market.
The first product born out of this partnership is the POD PV: a solar lamp and portable device charger powered by a 2.5 W solar module. The lamp is operated by infrared remote control and the module provides, on average, sufficient power for 6-8 hours light from a single day’s solar charge. The LED bulb cup on the underside of the lamp (12V/2W, equivalent to a 15W bulb) has an expected life span of 30,000 hours, and operates in extreme temperatures ranging from -20 to 60°C. Through the use of a separate module, the POD PV lamp is interchangeable with a charger for mobile phones and portable devices. The internal battery pack in the POD PV consists of three 0.75AH Li-on batteries with an expected life of 2,900 hours.
Marianna Hall, Vice-President of Phono Solar, said: “We are very pleased to have created this important partnership with PODPASSIV. In manufacturing, distributing and selling these products around the world, we hope to provide pioneering solutions to individuals in need, meet the demand for green innovations and promote sustainability in the future.”
Charlie Greig, acclaimed designer and founder of PODPASSIV, said: “PODPASSIV is delighted to announce the appointment of Phono Solar as its exclusive worldwide distributor. The first of our innovative solutions, POD PV, a unique solar lamp and portable device charger will be available shortly. The level of professional service we have received during the R&D process has been second to none. We look forward to a long and profitable future together. ”
The POD PV is also a key feature in the PODPASSIV shelter: an innovative, semi-permanent or permanent housing solution for environments in which water or electricity is scarce. Highly engineered and supplied in kit form, the shelter can be assembled over and over again. The construction’s life span is in excess of 50 years and is manufactured from composite GRP and recycled steel skinned super insulated panels, resistant to extreme temperature and weather conditions. Among the principle strengths of the shelter is its independence: electricity is provided through the POD PV solar lamp/charger, harvested rainwater is collected from rainwater through the roof structure, feeding a 400-litre tank situated in the wall panels accessed by an external tap.
The POD PV is available independently from the PODPASSIV shelter, for use with tents, caravans, boats, mobile homes, sheds or flat roof extensions with thicknesses ranging from 1mm to 90mm. It will be available from July 2012 exclusively from Phono Solar.
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- SMA Releases Online Version of Sunny Design for PV System Configuration
- SMA Prepares for another Year of Regional Forums, Releases 2013 Dates
- BC Bioenergy Network Invests $1.5 M in Fraser richmond Soil and fibre “Energy Garden”
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice