Astonfield’s Ameet Shah Appointed to Prestigious U.S. Department of Commerce Advisory Committee on Renewable Energy
Astonfield Renewables announced today the appointment of Co-Chairman Ameet Shah to the prestigious U.S. Department of Commerce Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Advisory Committee (RE&EEAC).
Astonfield Renewablesannounced today the appointment of Co-Chairman Ameet Shah tothe prestigious U.S. Department of Commerce Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Advisory Committee (RE&EEAC).
Acting U.S. Secretary of Commerce Rebecca M. Blank appointed Mr. Shah to representproject developers in the renewable energy sector. Mr. Shah will help advise the Department’s top official on competitiveness issues facing U.S. renewable energy and energy efficiency exports, and help provide consensus advice on the development and administration of programs and policies to expand U.S. renewableenergy and energy efficiency exports and strengthen the competitiveness of the industry.
"I am deeply honored to have been selected to join the Committee and I look forwardto advisingActing Secretary Blankon key issues facing U.S.renewable energy and energy efficiency exports so that we may strengthen the competitiveness of this industry," said Shah.
Formed in 2010during President Obama’s first administration, the Committee is made up of approximately 30 individuals representing renewable energy companies, energy efficiency companies, organizations and trade associations. Shah’s appointment will be effective through June, 2014.
"As a leading developer of solar PV assets in developing nationsand a base ofcommissioned power plants in India, I believe that the United States hasa unique and unrivaled opportunity to supply goods and services to these markets. I hope to provide a deep insight to the Committee on shepherding U.S.companies to tap into this multi-billion dollar export market over the coming years," continued Shah.
Mr. Shah drives the financialand operationalstrategy at Astonfield. An expert in building companies andexecuting complex projects, he works with Astonfield’s financial, technical and government partners to ensure profitability of each individual project, ultimately leading to successful implementation. Under his leadership, Astonfield hasa solid track record in Indiaat forming partnerships with leading international engineering, procurement and construction companies. Mr. Shah is an Economics graduate of Fitzwilliam College, University of Cambridge. Mr. Shah has mobilized principal and venture capital investments of well over $150millionin the past 12 years in the United States and India for a number of companies under hisassociation.
About Astonfield Renewable Resources
Astonfield Renewable ResourcesLtd. is a leading provider of affordable renewable energy in 2
emerging markets. Astonfield develops, owns, and operates a rapidly growing portfolio of utility-scale solar plants. Through strategic partnerships with global technology and finance leaders, Astonfield deploys the world’s most advanced, proven renewable energy solutions to powercommunitiesin India, Africa, and the Middle East. For more information visit: http://www.astonfield.com/.
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- RenewableUK welcomes announcement of first Marine Energy Park
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice