Solar South Africa 2012
19-20 June, Johannesburg, South Africa
Meet the Minister of Energy, Elizabeth Dipuo Peters, at the 2nd Solar South Africa and discuss topics critical to the development of the South African solar industry including the ins and outs of the IPP process, environmental assessment and management and the deployment of new and alternative technologies.
In December 2011, 28 Independent Power Producers won preferred bidder status in the South African Department of Energy's request for proposals – 20 of these were solar developers, with 631.53MW allocated to PV and 150MW to CSP. With these companies now well on their way to the next phase and a new cohort of bidders competing for the upcoming deadline, everyone is looking for assurances on allocations, finance, policy, local requirements and permitting.
The 2nd Annual Solar South Africa 2012 is designed to address these challenges. With practical presentations, and updates from all the key players including successful and prospective project developers, international investors, Eskom and policy-makers including the Department of Energy and NERSA, and many more.
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- New Renewables Directory Sets Record
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice