GeoPower Indonesia 2012
6-7 June 2012: Jakarta, Indonesia
Accelerating the next phase of growth in South East Asia's geothermal sector
Harnessing major Asian Geothermal resources
Indonesia is currently implementing the second phase of its energy crash program which targets nearly 4GW of new geothermal capacity by 2014 and a longer term goal of over 9GW by 2025. Private sector developers are expected to account for half of this growth, with many projects moving through development stages and around 2GW still to be tendered out to prospective companies.
The Philippines, already the world’s second biggest producer of geothermal power, has set its sights on its own program for expansion. Over 1.4GW increase in geothermal power has been targeted by 2030, with more than 1GW of this between 2016 and 2020.
GeoPower Indonesia & Philippines will bring together major utilities, developers, policy makers, investors and equipment providers, to address the challenges in meeting these targets and form strategies to drive market development.
Whether you are exploring new business opportunities or looking to strengthen your existing presence, this event will connect you with the right people to help grow your business in the world’s most exciting geothermal markets.
GeoPower Indonesia & Philippines is the 8th edition of Green Power Conferences’ successful Global GeoPower Series. Now in its 4th year, the series has attracted over 1000 attendees from more than 45 countries, with 33% at board or director level.
Hear from Asian Geothermal market leaders, including:
- Roger Buendia, President, PNOC Renewables Corp
- Bret Mattes, Chief Executive Officer, Star Energy
- Vincent Villegas, Vice President, Business Development, Energy Development Corporation
- Willem van Twembeke, Chief Executive Officer, Asia, International Power- GDF Suez
- Kevin Beavers, Senior Vice President, Operations, Aboitiz Power Renewables
- Kerry Parker, Managing Director, Panax
- Bastary Pandji Indra, Director of Public Private Partnership Development, National Development Planning Agency of Indonesia
- Mark Miller, Managing Director, Greenearth Energy
- Pradeep Tharakan, Climate Change Specialist, Energy Division, Asian Development Bank
- Gary Thompson, Chief Executive Officer, Molten Power Corp
- Edward McCartin, Senior Development Advisor, Alterra Power Corporation
- Andrew Amaladoss, Project Director, Tawau Green Energy
- Senior Representative, International Finance Corporation
In just 2 days, you will:
- Meet major utilities, geothermal developers, policy makers and investors
- Hear first-hand developer experiences of
- Land tendering
- Negotiating Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
- What makes a successful project?
- Be the first to hear about new project opportunities
- Meet local and international partners in over 6 hours of structured networking time
- Maximise your presence in the world’s second and third biggest geothermal markets
Who will attend?
· Utilities and IPPs
· Geothermal Project Developers
· Drilling and Engineering Services
· Oil, Gas and Mining
· Universities, Institutes and Associations
· Chief Executive Officers/President Directors
· Vice Presidents and Heads of
-Strategy and Planning
· Country Managers
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- New Renewables Directory Sets Record
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice