Unlicensed Solar Power Booming in Turkey
Government, Solar Developers and Investors to unite in Istanbul to address this growing market.
(September 24, 2012) Istanbul, Turkey – The unlicensed solar power market is booming in Turkey, with households, hotels, schools, malls and high rise building all seeing the advantage of investing in small scale installations.
With the price of traditional energy continuing to rise, the production of solar power is beginning to reach grid parity. Projects under 500KW do not require a government license, meaning that the ease of installation as well as the economic benefits is leading many to turn towards self consumption.
According to an article by Merve Erdil, distribution companies are seeing a huge rise in the connection of domestic and commercial solar projects, as people see it as an easy way to produce power right in their back yard.
'We have started receiving queries from hotels, factories, high rises for solar energy , non license and up to 500 kwh all over Turkey' the Turkish EPC E-Energy also recently commented.
The Solar Turkey conference and exhibition, taking place in October, will address this booming market and will include presentations from Ires Enerji, Cleanglobe, Conergy and many more.
A workshop delivered by Lisanssiz Elektrik Uretimi Dernegi (Li-Der)- the Turkish association for unlicensed renewables- will also provide an indepth look at this emerging market segment with input from the CEO of Mars Enerji and General Manager of Else Enerji.
To see the full speaker line up, agenda and register your place at Solar Turkey today, please visit: www.greenpowerconferences.com/solarturkey
About Green Power Conferences
Green Power Conferences is the market leader in renewable energy conferences. Since 2003, over 15,000 delegates have attended more than 300 conferences, exhibitions, workshops and training courses providing strategic business intelligence to the renewable energy and sustainability industries. Green Power’s expertise lies in producing high quality, interactive events that provide ample networking opportunities for delegates, sponsors and partners. More information and a full list of current conferences is available at: www.greenpowerconferences.com.
Marketing Manager – Global Solar Markets
Solar Power Generation USA – Green Power Conferences
Amber.Williams@greenpowerconferences.co.uk, + 44 (0) 20 7099 0600
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- New Renewables Directory Sets Record
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice