The 27th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition opens its Doors on Monday, 24 September 2012, in Frankfurt, Germany
This unique PV solar gathering constitutes the world’s leading science-to-science, business-to-business and science-to-industry forum for the global PV Solar sector.
1,600 Keynote, Plenary, Oral and Visual Presentations covering the entire scope of Photovoltaic technologies, markets and applications
4,000 Conference Delegates expecte
150 additional presentations in twelve EU PVSEC Parallel Events
Participants from over 100 countries expected at the 27th EU PVSEC
Munich, 21 September 2012 – The 27th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition (27th EU PVSEC) opens its doors on Monday, 24 September 2012, and is ready to welcome the global PV business and research community in Frankfurt, Germany. The event takes place from 24 to 28 September 2012 (Conference 24 to 28 September 2012 – Exhibition 25 to 28 September 2012). This unique PV solar gathering constitutes the world’s leading science-to-science, business-to-business and science-to-industry forum for the global PV Solar sector.
The 27th EU PVSEC is the international platform to exchange the latest progress in PV development and manufacturing. Addressing the burning topics the global PV industry is facing, the 27th EU PVSEC confirms its role as a melting pot with the potential to provide new momentum to the further development of the PV solar sector. With 1,600 scientific, technical and market-related presentations, the 27th EU PVSEC is the leading international Conference in Photovoltaics in 2012. Participants from over 100 countries are expected to attend the 27th EU PVSEC.
27th EU PVSEC Conference
The Conference Programme of the 27th EU PVSEC covers the entire scope of the PV solar sector and is structured along the following main topics:
- Material Studies, New Concepts and Ultra-High Efficiency
- Wafer-Based Silicon Solar Cells and Materials Technology
- Thin Film Solar Cells
- Components for PV Systems
- PV Systems
- PV – a Major Electricity Source
The Programme has been defined and structured under the guidance of Conference General Chairman Dr. Stefan Nowak, Chairman of IEA PVPS, International Energy Agency, Photovoltaic Power Systems Programme, and Technical Programme Chairman Dr. Arnulf Jäger-Waldau, European Commission, DG Joint Research Centre. Around 4,000 Conference Delegates are expected to attend the 86 Conference Sessions with 337 Keynote, Plenary, Oral and 1,300 Visual Presentations, making the EU PVSEC once again the largest PV conference worldwide. Prominent speakers from international research facilities and from the global PV industry give an overview and outlook on the latest technologies and future challenges of Photovoltaics.
27th EU PVSEC Exhibition
The EU PVSEC Industry Exhibition represents the entire PV value chain. The 652 international exhibitors include manufacturers of PV production equipment, manufacturers of photovoltaic solar cells and modules, systems suppliers, companies and organisations specialised in project development, research institutes, finance and consultancy. Manufacturers of PV production equipment represent the largest industry segment at this show, followed by manufacturers of PV solar cells and modules, PV distributors and assemblers as well as manufacturers of balance-of-systems components.
The four-day trade show of the PV and related industries attracts companies and solar organisations from around the world. The Exhibition, running alongside the Conference, is an excellent showcase for the technology and service providers of the PV Solar sector.
27th EU PVSEC Parallel Events
The 27th EU PVSEC presents the comprehensive programme of twelve Parallel Events with 150 additional contributions. These events complement the EU PVSEC Conference Programme and the PV Industry Exhibition to provide a deep insight into specific topics along the most recent technology, market and business trends. The EU PVSEC Parallel Events address to global decision makers from industry, research, finance and politics.
The Parallel Events of the 27th EU PVSEC are realised with renowned international organisations such as EPIA – European Photovoltaic Industry Association, IEA – International Energy Agency, IPVEA – International Photovoltaic Equipment Association, EU PVTP – European Photovoltaic Technology Platform.
Programme 27th EU PVSEC Parallel Events:
- The Europe-Asia PV Forum
- Characterising and Classifying Failures of PV Modules
- 9th European PV Industry Summit: Mainstream and Maturing: Challenges and Opportunities for the PV Industry as it moves towards high Penetration
- Photovoltaics, Forms, Landscapes: How to use Photovoltaics for Shaping nearly zero Energy Communities
- Smart Solutions Forum: Smart Integration of Photovoltaic & other renewable Energy Systems into the Network for a sustainable Growth
- PV Production Forum 2012
- Investors Day: Risk Mitigation in PV Investments: the Key to sustainable Market Development?
- TPV-10 Conference 2012
- Assigning a fair Price to Photovoltaic Electricity
- Photonics Forum 2012
- Very large Scale PV Systems for Sustainability
- Industry Presentations
Background EU PVSEC:
The EU PVSEC is supported by European and international organisations such as the European Commission, UNESCO - United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation, Natural Sciences Sector, WCRE - World Council for Renewable Energy, IPVEA - the International Photovoltaic Equipment Association and by an institutional cooperation with EPIA - the European Photovoltaic Industry Association. The Technical Programme is coordinated by the European Commission, DG Joint Research Centre.
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- New Renewables Directory Sets Record
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice