Eco Expo Asia 2012 - 7th edition receives continued support from the Hong Kong government
Plentiful opportunities in Asia’s fast-growing environmental protection markets.
Eco Expo Asia, the leading environmental protection fair in Asia which jointly organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd and the Hong Kong Trade Development Council, retains support from the Environment Bureau of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as the co-organiser of the fair. It will be held at AsiaWorld-Expo, Hong Kong, from 27 – 30 October 2012.
Commenting on the positioning of Eco Expo Asia as the gateway to the Chinese mainland’s fast-growing environmental protection market, Mr Edward Yau, Secretary for the Environment of the Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region explains: “The business opportunities unleashed by the National 12th Five-Year Plan for the environmental industries are massive. Hong Kong makes an ideal platform for green service and product providers wanting to capture the green business opportunities in the Mainland, with our experience on the Mainland market and expertise in green industries.”
Plentiful opportunities in Asia’s fast-growing environmental protection markets
The Chinese government regards the environmental protection market as one of the pillar industries in its 12th Five-Year Plan. Total investment is estimated to be over USD 473 billion during this period and the market is expected to grow at an annual compound rate of 15-20 percent with an industry output value of USD 773 billion by 2015.
This year, the Hong Kong government is launching Building Energy Efficiency Legislation to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by between 19-30 percent, as well as establishing a USD 56.3 million funding scheme for building owners to conduct an energy-cum-carbon audit. Furthermore, a USD 37.5 million funding scheme is to be implemented to promote the use of electric vehicles, while the need to upgrade waste treatment facilities and increase recycling rates is creating a strong demand for waste management solutions and recycling technologies.
Eco Expo Asia offers companies providing green products, services and technologies an effective platform to capture the booming business opportunities in the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong and Asia’s fast-growing green markets.
Mr Mark Moser, President & Founder of RCM International, LLC, exhibitor from the USA Pavilion in 2011 fair said, “I will describe it as a fruitful experience since most visitors gave positive feedback to our farm biogas. I have got good quality industrial and agricultural contacts from the Chinese mainland and Asian countries. We have already hit on the right target buyers and suppliers in the first two days.”
To meet market demand and help exhibitors target the right buyer groups, the 2012 show will feature five thematic zones:
- Energy efficiency and energy
- Green building
- Waste management and recycling
- Eco-friendly product
- Green transportation
Eco Expo Asia is also an important business-to-government exchange and networking platform. Last year’s show featured 269 exhibitors from 16 countries and regions which included established brands such as BYD, Canon, JFE, SGS, Siemens, Sita and Veolia, and attracted more than 220 Chinese mainland government officials to visit and source innovative green solutions
- Blogs & Opinion: Global Energy Group accuse Government of fudging green energy commitment
- Geothermal industry leads the way towards a more sustainable 2012
- Riverbank Power and enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, enter Joint Venture
- Could Scotland become a global wave and tidal energy leader?
- New Renewables Directory Sets Record
- New UK Tariff Proposals Will Not Halt Energy Price Rises says Gaia-Wind
- Brightsource Energy's Power Tower Technology Selected by Sasol for South African Solar Power Plant Design
- New research centre to support the UK’s booming offshore wind industry
- US Army Receives USD$7 Billion For Renewable Energy Projects
- Geothermal Energy Association report and Riverbank's joint venture with enXco tops charts, with SMA America featuring twice